WHAT WE OFFER / HOW THIS WORKS
OUR DIY GARAGE FEATURES:
- Nine (9) fully equipped bays
- Three 10,000 lb and one 12,000 lb capacity Challenger Vehicle Lifts with Safety Weight Gauge – over-engineered and built for the utmost in power and safety
- Four “Flat” bays – Perfect for those tasks that don’t require a lift like detailing or interior work (jacks and jack stands available for use at each flat bay)
- A dedicated motorcycle/ATV bay with a 1500lb lift. We also have portable motorcycle/ATV lifts available for use in flat bays
- Tool Crib – Borrow what you need, included in bay rental
- “Tools and Tackle” Area – For some of our bigger equipment like heavy duty workbenches, hydraulic press, drill press, parts cleaners, spring/strut compressor, media blaster, cherry picker and engine stand, elevated wheeled fluid receptacles, transmission jacks, grinders, sanders, chop saw, bead roller, vises and the like
- Used oil and coolant disposal tanks – no need to take anything to the recycler!
- Retail Store – Get parts delivered when purchased through our partners NAPA, Advance Auto Parts, Pep Boys, AutoZone and O’Reilly Auto Parts.
- Lounge/Classroom – Hang out, watch TV, root for your favorite team, check out a ‘garage’ segment on ‘All Girls Garage.’ Learn something or just relax with your buddies.
- Ruggedized laptops to use at your workstation
- WiFi available
All 9 Bays Are Equipped With:
- Rolling tool chests with laser cut foam trays from Tool Keepers Foam & Etch
- Tools – No lame, cheap blown-plastic tool case set here; we’ve got heavy duty impact stuff waiting for you and you’re more than welcome to bring your own (see list below/on right)
- Workbench – Heavy duty (large stainless steel topped) to lay out your tools and parts
- Compressed Air – Dried and regulated, with hose reel and coil
RENT/RESERVE A BAY
If using the contact form we should reply to your request (so use a monitored email address) to let you know whether or not there is availability. We will do our best to ensure there is a bay ready and waiting for you at the time you request.
However – due to the nature of automobile maintenance and do it yourself repairs, once wrenching begins there’s no telling how long a particular repair or modification may take, therefore there’s no way to logistically block out a unit of time and assume the task will take as long as is counted on.
What this means is this: We don’t want to rush our customers into trying to get out of a bay because someone has it reserved behind them and we don’t want to put off customers who may have reserved a bay later in the day only to be pushed back because a repair went awry earlier and caused an overrun in the length of time to finish. All gearheads know things go right and things go wrong. Sometimes things go VERY wrong and all that we ask for is some understanding when that happens and know that we’ll do our best to get you in as soon as we can.
NEED OUR HELP?
Not totally sure of the steps that need to be taken, what wire goes where, or the torque specs required for a repair? This DIY garage has you covered with knowledgeable shop managers who’ve been mechanics for 20+ years as well as a variety of online diagnostic and repair information portals, providing full OEM repair, maintenance and real-world, experience-based information in easy-to-use formats. We have a couple of ruggedized laptops for use at your workbench that can also be used to look up YouTube videos and log in to car related forums for additional guidance.
NEED A TOOL NOT IN THE TOOL CHEST?
We’re not in the business of nickel and diming people to death. Need something not found in the Tool Chest? Inquire at the Tool Crib and see if we have what you need. The Tool Crib is where we keep tools that aren’t frequently needed, keeping only a few on-hand for occasional use (an example of this would be a torque wrench). There’s no extra charge to use a Tool Crib tool, just bring one of your Bay Tokens (one per tool needed) to the Tool Crib in exchange for one of the tools there; when finished, return the tool and receive your Bay Token in return.
If we don’t have a tool in the Tool Crib that you think we’ve overlooked, please let us know and if we agree we’ll get it ordered! If we’re not quite sure it’s something that makes sense, we’ll put it on the “Things to get” list – if we get multiple requests for it, then we’ll give it a harder look. If it’s something we don’t have and you absolutely need it, let us know (in advance if possible). We may be able to borrow or purchase it from one of our partners.
Like the tools we offer? Well you can get those too! Our partnership with Wright Tool allows us to offer Snap-On level tools at prices affordable for “mere mortals.”
Hire a Tech/Mechanic
While we don’t actually turn wrenches for customers in our shop, our shop managers will offer help and advice. We also have partners that can be contacted and potentially help step in if you find yourself in a bind or unable to continue.
What goes great with a DIY garage? DIY knowledge! Contact us about putting together a workshop for you and a few friends and we can set up a two to three hour workshop to go over a few subjects, or if you’ve got ideas for your own, we can talk about and consider that too!
While we don’t have a car wash on-site, you can certainly bring your vehicles in to one of our bays for a good detailing or water-less car wash.
Every bay is stocked with the following tools so you don’t have to bring your own…
Each Heavy Duty Set Includes:
- 1/4″ Drive Set
- 25 Pc. 6pt Standard & Deep Metric Socket Set (5mm-13mm)
- 10 Pc. 6pt Standard Imperial Socket Set (5/32″-1/2″)
- 9 Pc. 6pt Deep Imperial Socket Set (3/16″-1/2″)
- 11 Pc. Imperial Hex Bit Socket Set (1/16″-5/16″)
- 6 Pc. Metric Hex Bit Socket Set (2mm-6mm)
- 2″ and 6″ Extensions
- 3/8″ Drive Set
- Flex Handle, 10-3/4″
- Handle, Ratchet 7″, Knurled Steel Grip
- 6 Pt. 18mm Spark Plug Holding Socket
- 6 Pt. 5/8″ Spark Plug Holding Socket
- 6 Pt. 13/16″ Spark Plug Holding Socket
- 3″, 6″ and 12″ Impact Extensions
- 8 Pc. 6pt Imperial Standard Impact Socket Set (5/16″-3/4″)
- 8 Pc. 6pt Imperial Deep Impact Socket Set (5/16″-3/4″)
- 14 Pc. 6 Pt. Deep Impact Metric Socket Set (6mm-19mm)
- 14 Pc. 6 Pt. Standard Impact Metric Socket Set (6mm-19mm )
- 9 Pc. Metric Impact Hex Bit Socket Set (2mm-10mm)
- 7 Pc. Imperial Impact Hex Bit Socket Set (1/8″-3/8″)
- Impact Universal Joint with Ball Retainer
- Aircat ACR802R 3/8″ Ratchet
- 1/2″ Drive Set
- Ratchet, Black – 10-1/4″
- Flex Handle, Black – 18″
- 13 Pc. 6pt Imperial Standard Impact Socket Set (7/16″-1 ¼”)
- 14 Pc. 6pt Imperial Deep Impact Socket Set (3/8″-1 ¼”)
- 16 Pc. 6 Pt. Standard Impact Metric Socket Set (10mm-27mm)
- 16 Pc. 6 Pt. Deep Impact Metric Socket Set (10mm-27mm)
- 7 Pc. Imperial Impact Hex Bit Socket Set (1 ¼”-5/8″)
- 6 Pc. Metric Impact Hex Bit Socket Set (6mm-17mm)
- Extension Set (2″, 3″, 5″, 10″)
- Universal Joint with Ball Retainer
- Aircat 1150 1/2-Inch Impact Wrench
- 14 Pc. Imperial Combination Wrench Set (3/8″-1 ¼”)
- 18 Pc. Metric Combination Wrench Set (7mm-24mm)
- 2 lb. Rubber Mallet
- 2 lb. Dead Blow Hammer
- 16 oz. Ball Peen Hammer
- 6 Pc. Metric Nut Driver Set (5mm-10mm)
- 7 Pc. Imperial Nut Driver Set (3/16″-½”)
- Safety Goggles
- 6 Pc. Flathead Screwdriver Set
- 6 Pc. Phillips Screwdriver Set
- Crimper/Stripper/Cutter (16-26 AWG)
- Top Slide Utility Knife
- Telescoping Magnetic Pick-up Tool
- 6 Pc. Punch Kit
- 6″ Adjustable Wrench (Max Capacity 15/16″)
- 10″ Adjustable Wrench (Max Capacity 1-5/16″)
- Long Nose Pliers w/side cutter
- Linesman Pliers, Round Nose
- Tongue and Groove Pliers
- Cutting Pliers Box Joint (6″)
- Slip Joint Pliers Wire Cutting Shear (6″)
- 22 Pc. Allen Wrenches and L Key Tool Holder Metric and Imperial
- 4 Pc. Hook & Pick Set
- 3 Pc. Dominator Curved Screwdriver-Style Pry Bar Set
- Curved Jaw Locking Pliers (10″)
- Long Nose Locking Pliers, w/wire cutter (6″)
- Curved Jaw Locking Pliers, w/wire cutter (7″)
- 1-1/4″ Scraper, Stiff Blade
- 3/4″ x 16′ Tape Measure
- Compressed Air Blow Gun and Bits
- Air Inflator